About The AKA
Formed in 1966 the Australian Karting Association (AKA) is the association appointed by the Federation Internationale de I’Automobile (FIA) and the Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) to administer and control the sport of karting in Australia.
The purposes of the AKA are:
- To promote and protect the sport of kart racing;
- To promote excellence and just and honourable practices in the sport and to suppress malpractices;
- To promote and organise kart meetings and other functions for members;
- To do all such acts which, in the opinion of the Association are for the general benefit of members or of karting.
The member associations of the Association are the State Karting Associations of the six States of Australia and of the Northern Territory:
- Australian Karting Association (Tas) Inc.
- Australian Karting Association (SA) Inc.
- Karting (New South Wales) Inc.
- Australian Karting Association (QLD) Inc.
- Karting WA Inc.
- Australian Karting Association Northern Territory (Inc)
- Victorian Karting Association Inc.
and such other incorporated Karting Associations which all existing members agree to admit to membership.
These state karting associations administer the sport of karting in their region. Each Association issues membership and competition licences to individuals and the appropriate permits for karting clubs to organise racing events.
AKA NATIONAL EXECUTIVE
National President – Craig Denton
National Vice President – David Kissock
National Secretary – Pam Arnett
National Treasurer – Margaret Ryan (interim)
National Executive Member – Position Vacant
AKA STATE DELEGATES TO THE NATIONAL KARTING COUNCIL
NEW SOUTH WALES
NKC Delegate – Stephen King
Co-Delegate – Position Vacant
State Secretary – Karen Newton
NKC Delegate – John Gatt
State Secretary – Kerry Berry
NKC Delegate – Mark Hogan
Co-Delegate - Steve Pattel
State Secretary -
NKC Delegate – Nathan Burgess
Co-Delegate – Rod Clee
State Secretary – Trish Bartlett
NKC Delegate – Steph Peters
Co-Delegate – Mark Close
State Secretary – Janine Evers
NKC Delegate – David Murray
Co-Delegate – Brett Hughes
State Secretary – Pam Arnett
NKC Delegate – Gary Light
Co-Delegate – Michelle Lino
State Secretary – Michelle Lino